From: Chris Mason [mailto:chris@bash.sh]
Sent: 03 March 2002 11:44
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: syslog.conf: filtering out individual processes

Hi,

I am running cucipop daemon for POP3 mail retrieval.  When someone
connects to my machine to retrieve their messages I get an entry
appended to /var/log/syslog.  As people usually check their mail every 5
minutes I get quite a few of these messages as you would expect.

>From looking at various man pages and other resources, cucipop is not
categorized under the mail.* category.  Is there any way to filter out
by process?  I do not want to have to hack cucipop to make it use local0
or something.  Ideally I want all messages from the cucipop daemon to go
to /var/log/cucipop.log

Thanks in Advance,
Kind Regards,
Chris Mason