oggenc doesn't seem to work

Hi,

I am using Debian Testing (woody) and i have the
vorbis-tools package installed.

When I run "oggenc foo.wav"
it produces the following output:

Opening with wav module: WAV file reader
Encoding "foo.wav" to
         "foo.ogg" at quality 3.00
Encoding with VBR
Mode initialisation failed: invalid parameters for
quality

I don't know whats wrong. It seems like this is a bug
in the oggenc program, but i didn't want to send a bug
report (yet) because I thought perhaps I was doing
something wrong, or my system was configured
strangely.

Has anyone else had this problem, or know whats wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Peter W (shark)