Package of a file in debian?

Is there a similar command in apt or dpkg to this thing with rpm that
allows you to figure out the package of a file?  That really would have
helped me recently.
--
http://www.eskimo.com/~xeno
xeno@eskimo.com
> > requires me to downgrade openssl.  If I move up to
> CUPS 1.1.14, then all of a
> > sudden I need libcrypto.so.3, which is not found
> by rpmfind.net.
>
> /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.3 is a symlink to
> /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6 (from
> the openssl-0.9.6c RPM) I believe.

rpm -qf is how one figures out the name of a package
to which a particular file belongs.

 $rpm -qf /usr/lib/libcrypto*
 openssl-devel-0.9.6-7-lmdk
 libopenssl-0.9.6b-lmdk