RE: AutoCAD (or similar) for Debian/Linux?

Everybody says it but nobody does anything ...
well maybe with the exception of platform.com.
The reason for not having any CAD/CAM packages (except Nastran/Patran)
ported is that the software makers don't see any financial gain in it.
Not many users running their software on Windows will switch to Linux
version, the only ones will be people running their software on Unix.
Therefore, there is no gain, and it's not going to pay or itself.
Of course they say it would be nice to have it ported to Linux
but economically it just doesn't make sense.
I would expect to see CAM soft being ported to Linux faster
because of computation power needs where Beowulf cluster would fit
really nice. I know there is a few companies working on it right now,
but it takes time.
If you are really interested in porting some software to Linux go visit
www.platform.com and let them know.

Marcin Kurc
CAD Systems Administrator
Cooper-Standard Automotive