Re: SiS 6263 PCI card setup

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 09:44:33AM -0500, David Shepherd wrote:
| I need some help setting up a SiS 6236 PCI graphics card on my
| elderly Potato box.  Has anyone got one of these working with XFree
| 3.3.6?

I used to have a 6326 (AGP) working with XFree 3.3.6.  Now I'm using
XFree 4.1.0 and VESA framebuffer.  The simplest way to get it working
is to recompile your kernel with VESA framebuffer and use it.  For X,
select the XServer-FBDev server (or whatever the exact name is).

| I want to know if its possible to change the IRQ that the SiS card is using.
| Currently its using IRQ 11 which conflicts with my RealTek 8029 NIC
| (which also wants to use IRQ 11).
|
| Alternatively I could change the IRQ that the RealTek card uses,
| do I specify this as a LILO parameter at bootup?

I'm not sure how you can actually change the IRQ for PCI cards -- it's
supposed to work automatically.  I know that for 'ne' (NE2k card on
ISA bus) NICs you can specify the IRQ to the driver, but that is only
to tell the driver what the card already knows.

-D

--

A)bort, R)etry, B)ang it with a large hammer