Re: Strange Problem accessing Web Sites

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 05:28:11PM -0600, Timothy R. Butler wrote:
| Hi there,
|   I'ved noticed that when I'm using Debian "woody" certain web sites that are
| available in my Mandrake Linux install, simply fail to resolve. Examples
| include:
|
|    - http://navigation.realnames.com
|    - http://www.crucial.com
|
|   Like I said these servers resolve in MDK, but have been unavailable for the
| entirety of the time I'm in Debian (I've been trying to access them in Debian
| for about a week now).
|
|   Any ideas what would cause Debian to "block" these web sites?
|
|   Thanks,
|        Tim
|
| --
| ----------------------------------------------------------------
| Timothy R. Butler                    tbutler@uninetsolutions.com
| Universal  Networks                       http://www.uninet.info
| Christian Portal and Search Tool:       http://www.faithtree.com
| Open Source Migration Guide:                  http://www.ofb.biz
| ============= "Christian Web Services Since 1996" ==============

strange,

on my woody box they resolve just fine (dns and viewed with lynx). are
you using the same dns servers on both woody and mandrake?

good luck,
jason

| registered linux user #202942   |   http://counter.li.org/  |
| Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 Woody      |   2.4.16-k6               |
| jason@theigloo.dhs.org          |   http://theigloo.dhs.org |