Re: Which mail suite

On Wed, 2002-02-27 at 07:39, Stefan Bellon wrote:

> I'd like to set up my Debian box to fetch mail from my ISP with POP3S.
> Then, the fetched mails should be made available to a local IMAP server
> so that I can read them from all machines in my local network.
>
> I'm using unstable and I'd like to know which packages are best suited
> for this task.
>
> And one further question: If I want to be able to see log copies of
> outgoing mail sent from computer A when working with computer B, does
> this work with IMAP as well? I.e. can I put log copies into the IMAP
> server as well? Or what route should I take there?

Sounds like you want my system. :)

Use fetchmail to get POP3 mail and dump it into your IMAP inbox. I use
imapd for the actual IMAP server. Any IMAP server should work though.

After you're done with this, make an IMAP folder (I call mine "Sent")
and set up your mail client(s) to put copies of sent messages into that
folder rather than a local one. With the exception of an address book,
no matter where you access your mail from, it'll be exactly the same as
using it from your home machine. Quite handy.

Now if only I could figure out a way to make my address book accessible
from anywhere...

-Alex