Re: strange "sensors" readings

On Tuesday 26 Feb 2002 2:44 pm, Markus Grunwald wrote:

> Is this known for my chipset or do I have some strange mainboard ?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news......

>From /usr/share/doc/lm-sensors/doc/FAQ.gz

4.17A Bad readings from the AS99127F!

    The Asus AS99127F is a modified version of the Winbond W83781D.
Asus will not release a datasheet. The driver was developed by tedious
experimentation. We've done the best we can. If you want to make adjustments
to the readings please edit /etc/sensors.conf. Please don't ask us to
fix the driver. Ask Asus to release a datasheet.

See also

4.22 Sensors output is not correct!

    What specifically is the trouble?
        Labels: See 3.4A above.
        Min/max readings: See 3.4B&C above.
        AS99127F: See 4.17 above
        Via 686A: See 4.18 above
        No output for a particular sensors chip: See 5.2 below
        No output at all: See 4.21, 4.22 above; 5.2 below
        Completely bad output for a particular sensor chip: See 5.3 below
        One particular sensor readings:
            Maybe it isn't hooked up;
                tell 'sensors' to ignore it. See 3.4D above.
            Maybe it is hooked up differently on your motherboard;
                adjust sensors.conf calculation.

Sounds like you have got some work to do on your sensors.conf. I would start
by configuring it to ignore any values that your bios can't display.

Simon.