RE: shell-init: could not get current directory

Try to install not from the directory that is removed while
you are removing cracklib*

-----Original Message-----
From: Xeno Campanoli [mailto:xeno@eskimo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2002 1:27 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: shell-init: could not get current directory

On my machine that's not doing PAM, I'm noticing after I took out
cracklib-runtime and cracklib2, and then try to reinstall cracklib2, I
get a bunch of diagnotic messages saying:

shell-init:  could not get current directory: getcwd: cannot access
parent directories: No such file or directory

But then after doing that five times it seems to install okay.  Then,
when I do the apt-get install cracklib-runtime on this machine, it takes
about one twentieth the time it takes on my machine that ends up with
the successful install of cracklib, and finally when this apt-get
install cracklib-runtime is done it leaves no
/var/cache/cracklib/*_dict.* files at all, whereas I do get these on the
one where said install takes a long time.  Am I getting close to the
problem here?  Help?  Anyone?

This is Potato, if that helps.

--
http://www.eskimo.com/~xeno