From: Peter Wächtler <pwaechtler@loewe-komp.de>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 10:53:38 +0100
To: linux-xfs@oss.sgi.com
Subject: OFF-TOPIC: rqsall for Linux

Yes, I know it's off topic. Anyway:

Is there a way to ask SGI if they would provide/help
in implementing something similar as "Quickstart" (rqsall)
for Linux?

With such a system the binaries are pre-relocated against
ELF shared libraries improving startup time significant.

Any hint of those nice SGI employees lurking here? ;-)

Thanx

Until now, I did not get the prelinking solution to work for me :-(

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2001-07/msg00057.html
http://speakeasy.rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/ASP/i386/7.2/asplinux/contribs/RPMS/prelink-0.1.3-6.i386.html

----- End forwarded message -----

--