Re: mount nfs with root privileges

jsalord@publicom1010.com wrote:
I'm trying that server A backs up server B mounting B via NFS. But, to copy
completely all files, server A needs to access server B with root
privileges.
So far, I have used the option no_squash_root but server A still can't copy
files only readable by owner (chmod 600).

What I have to do to backup up server B completely.

If there are other ways to backup via NFS please suggest me.

Thanks

Jose

This is not backup via NFS (I read 'suggest other ways to backup' ), but it works for
me.

I use rdist to mirror some of my dirs on an other server, this can be used as a backup. The only thing you need for root to use this method is a way to execute command as root on the target server. I let rdist use ssh to make a secure connection, while root
can log in with a key on my target server.

Hope this helps,

Tim