(solved)Re: openldap 2.0.23 not writing to replica log

<quote who="Ben Collins">
> On Sun, Feb 24, 2002 at 06:35:15PM -0800, nate wrote:
>> I have a woody machine running openldap 2.0.23 with
>> the replog directive set to /var/lib/ldap/replog
>>
>> if i delete the files replog and replog.lock(0 bytes each),
>> start slapd, and modify a record, the files are re
>> created, both with 0 bytes again. is there anything
>> other then the replog directive that tells slapd
>> to write to this file?
>
> Yeah, you need to define a replica. Slapd doesn't write anything to
> the replog that isn't going to be sent to a replica.

i think i solved it(haven't had time to test, but it
should be fixed).

the problem was i had the replica/replog stuff in the
wrong part of the config file, as a result i got this
error when i set debug 65535:

270:/etc/ldap/slapd.conf: line 29: replica line must appear inside a
database definition (ignored)

i moved it to what i think is inside a database definition
and i do not get that error anymore, but haven't had
time to test. someone on the openldap-software list
said they were pretty sure that should fix it so
later tonight i'll have a chance to test.

from what i can tell the openldap docs do not mention
where these directives must be, so i thought they
could be anywhere..(docs = referring to openldap
admin guide)

thanks!

nate