Re: gnome-error

On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 04:37:50PM -0200, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:

> I ha installed woody in a fresh machine. I have installed the gnome stuff plus
> sawfish wm too. Now, when I point with the mouse the border, buttons or title
> bar of any window in the desktop I hear a "beep". Looking at the .gnome-errors
> file, I found that each beep produces a line in that file. The line is the
> following:
>
> Error: no shuch font, -*-lucidatypewriter-medium-*-*-*-10-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
>
> how can I fix it? I didn't define any custom font in the Gnome Control Center.

Since it happens when you point at the border, I'm guessing it's the
font used by sawfish to display its window tooltips. The sawfish
configuration tool will show up in the Control Control if you
install sawfish-gnome. You can change the font there. Or, you can
install the lucidatypewriter font ;).

Matijs