Re: 3c509 setup disk?

Ron Johnson wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Feb 2002 22:09:33 -0800 (PST) Paul 'Baloo' Johnson <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org> wrote:
>
> > Anybody got the 3c509 etherdisk 2 on a bootable floppy that someone can
> > send me the dd image for?
> >
> > And how can I find out what IRQs and IO addresses are taken, ala
> > Microsoft's MSD or the device manager?
>
> $ cat /proc/interrupts
>            CPU0
>   0:  119855853          XT-PIC  timer
>   1:     369901          XT-PIC  keyboard
>   2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
>   4:    7484798          XT-PIC  eth0
>  10:     154430          XT-PIC  ide2
>  12:    3236750          XT-PIC  PS/2 Mouse
>  14:    1456522          XT-PIC  ide0
>  15:    2366439          XT-PIC  ide1
> NMI:          0
> ERR:          0
>
> $ cat /proc/ioports
> 0000-001f : dma1
> 0020-003f : pic1

There's also the 3c5x9utils package for the card itself. That will allow
you to change the settings if you have to, similar to the config program
that used to ship with those cards. Might be necessary if you've got a
'509 sitting around, and have no idea if it's set to the typical IRQ
10/IO 0x300 (well, typical in the DOS 6.22/Win3.11 setups we were doing
way back when) or not.

--Rich

Rich Puhek
ETN Systems Inc.