Re: 233 MHz CPU system - Debian and SO 5.2 question

On Sun, 24 Feb 2002 16:35:11 -0800 (PST) "nate" <debian-user@aphroland.org> wrote:

> <quote who="Ron Johnson">
>
> > But then then The Average User would have to learn the tools
> (read:
> >  programming languages).  It's been an end-user operation for 20
> > years  (going back to WordStar 2.x) even on a nerdy OS like CP/M.
>

> i wouldn't consider myself an average user, i use linux/unix
> everywhere and have been using unix/linux in general for 7
> years. and even i could not even come close to doing what
> the previous poster had said with python, or any other
> language.
>
> not that i have a need to ..but still.
>
> maybe someday i will get around to learning that
> stuff, but i don't see myself starting anytime soon.

Thanks for reinforcing my point.  If a more-than-average user doesn't
know how to do it, what's the likelyhood that Joe User does?

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net        |
| Jefferson, LA  USA      http://ronandheather.dhs.org:81    |
| 484,246 sq mi are needed for 6 billion people to live, 4   !
! persons per lot, in lots that are 60'x150'.                |
! That is ~ California, Texas and Missouri.                  !
! Alternatively, France, Spain and The United Kingdom.       |