Re: Need Newbie installation Help~

On Sun, 24 Feb 2002 18:28:22 -0500, ming wrote:
>HI:
>I have a  Desktop computer which already have Win2k pro and Win2k
>Advanced Server  installed as Dual-boot. and there is a Mandrake 8.1
>on my hard disk but i use  floopy to boot mandrake8.1.
>I am going to install Debian  based on these enveriment.
>how can i setup the boot loader, any  suggestion?
>and my video card is ATI Xpert99 AGP. is there  any problem with the
>x-wondows? And how to setup my tv-card in debian?as well as  play
>DVD?
>thanks

I only just installed Debian for the first time over the weekend,
(so don't take this as gospel, and any experts correct me if I am
wrong). What you do is (if you are using lilo, which I believe is the
default boot loader) is edit /etc/lilo.conf.

If Win2K is installed on hda1 (which is the equivalent of C:\ in
windows) at the end of the file /etc/lilo.conf add two new lines:

other=/dev/hda1
	label=Win2K

then run "lilo" from the shell prompt which will re-install lilo.

cheers,
gMan.