Re: Mail clients (and text editors)

At 08:46 AM 02/24/02 -0800, Wendell Cochran wrote:
>> So, to start off with, I'm looking to make the transition to full-time
>Linux easy by finding similar tools to I'm used to using.
>[snip]
>
>Similarities can be confusing.  Maybe -- maybe -- you'd do better
>to accept differences, even seek them out.

Thanks for the advice.  I'll try to keep an open mind.

>Another: vi.  It seems that many users are revolted by its modal
>character -- its refusal to behave like Word.  But black & white are
>easier to distinguish precisely because there are no shades of grey.

I have a color monitor, but thanks I'll keep that in mind.

It's hard to teach an old (really old) dog new tricks, especially when
one's trying to remain productive.  My goal is to find similar tools so I
can quickly transition to linux as a desktop and keep right on working.

But, I'll learn vim, I promise.  I used to use vi way back -- but that's
all there was then.  It sure was a lot easier than those damn punch cards.

--
Bill Moseley
mailto:moseley@hank.org