Re: glade compilation problems

<< I don't remember the name of that new system, but I do see
'gnome-config' on my woody box.  It is in the 'libgnome-dev' package. Try
installing that and see if it helps. >>

libgnome-dev was what I needed.
Problem solved.

Thank you!
(==timothy==)

-------------------------------

On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 04:48:41PM -0500, timothy bauscher wrote:
| I am having some problems compiling my
| first glade application. I have fixed
| several problems so far, but now I am
| having troubles because gnomeConf.sh
| cannot be found.
|
| I tried an apt-get install gnome-libs
| and an apt-get install gnome-libs-devel,
| but neither where found by apt. What
| should I ask apt to get?

[running autoconf]
| checking for gnome-config... no
| checking for gnomeConf.sh file in /usr/local/lib... not found
| configure: error: Could not find the gnomeConf.sh file that is
generated
| by gnome-libs install

I think that autoconf isn't quite right in this case.  The simplest
thing you can do is just run the compiler yourself giving it all the
right options.  autoconf is nice if you want your app to build on a
system that may be different than yours.  I believe that the issue is
a reworking of how gtk/gnome lib build options are determined.  There
used to be a script called 'gnome-config' that would output the CFLAGs
and LDFLAGs that gnome apps should be compiled with.  I believe that
has now been consolidated into a single script with a database for the
libs/apps.  It is probably that transition that is tripping things up.
I don't remember the name of that new system, but I do see
'gnome-config' on my woody box.  It is in the 'libgnome-dev' package.
Try installing that and see if it helps.

HTH,
-D

--

Like a gold ring in a pig's snout
is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion.