Re: KMail

On Thursday 21 February 2002 05:48 pm, Curtis Vaughan wrote:
> I don't know if this is an appropriate question for this list, but here
> goes.
>
> After updating to woody and the KDE therein, I have the following problem
> with KMail.  Every time I try to attach something to a letter, it crashes.
>
> Anyone had the same problem?  Any ideas how to fix this?

now that the actually essential parts of woody are operational, jump up to
sid--assuming that you did upgrade the apt and dpkg tools. woody bugged the
hell out of me while i was there, and all of those discontents evaporated on
the upgrade to sid. running woody is like flying business class and thinking
that the worst thing that could happen up in first class is that they should
ever run out of peanuts. in sid, the peanuts are replaced within mere
minutes, and kde, kmail, and etc., are the mints on your pillow. to enhance
the pleasure of the journey, i recommend the 2.4.17 kernel. think about it.
it's worth the effort.

ben