Re: Mozilla 2:0.9.7-6 segfaults

On Thu, 2002-02-21 at 01:23, Andreas Goesele wrote:

> /usr/bin/mozilla: line 140: 7297 Segmentation fault $MOZ_PROGRAM
> -remote "openurl(about:blank,new-window)" 2>/dev/null >/dev/null
> Segmentation fault

May it be that you have Sun's java 1.3 runtime installed as plugin and
don't have libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1 installed? It's an old lib version few
programs use (blender is one), but which Sun's java needs. I had a
similar (can't remember, been a long time) mysterious failure on my
laptop, while the desktop ran ok. Turned out that the dt had blender
installed and therefore the libstdc++. Instead of installing the lib I'd
recommend to install blackdown's jre or jdk http://www.blackdown.org/
instead of Sun's
--

I did not vote for the Austrian government