Re: Woody -> Laptop

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 01:13:30PM +0000, Andrew Pritchard wrote:
| I have a laptop I'd like to put Woody on. I've started the install with
| the 'standard' set of discs, but when I try to configure the PCMCIA card it
| fails. It's a 3COM 3C589 - a well supported card.

I don't know what is on the "standard" disks, but the driver you need
is the Vortex one.  (3c59x module)  I know that installing a base
system from a potato cd will provide this, then you can dist-upgrade
via the network.

-D

--

The heart is deceitful above all things
    and beyond cure.

I the Lord search the heart
    and examine the mind,
to reward a man according to his conduct,
    according to what his deeds deserve.

        Jeremiah 17:9-10