[OT] Price / performance & Software RAID / Hardware RAID / IDE / SCSI

I'll be building a new development machine soon. It's been a while since
the last time, and it's seems to be a lot harder today than the last
time I did it a few years ago. There are so many CPU slots and memory
types to choose from.

First I think that I should get faster disk I/O than I have today. So
for the first time ever I'm considering some RAID solution.

In your experience what will get the best price / speed performance
ratio?

Software IDE/RAID
Software SCSI/RAID
IDE RAID controller card
SCSI RAID controller card

Or maybe just having diffrent partitions on diffrent drives?

o polite