Re: Slow iptables && impatient cron solved

* Tony Crawford (tc@crawfords.de) [020220 06:14]:
> Meanwhile, while we're on the subject, is there a way I can make
> cron (or run-parts or whoever) wait longer for the output before
> timing out? Or maybe detach the process? Or is that a bad idea?

What if you had 2 separate jobs: one runs iptables and dumps the output
in a file somewhere, and the other mails it to you 10 minutes later.
It's a hcak, though. Anacron(8) doesn't mention anything about a
timeout; it only mentions waiting for jobs to finish. Maybe removing the
-s flag would be of value? Just stabbing in the dark, now, though.

good times,
Vineet

--
Currently seeking opportunities in the SF Bay Area
Please see http://www.doorstop.net/resume/