apt error

Hi. Sorry for all the re-postings. If anyone couldn't read any of the posts, this was probably do to the fact I was using plain text instead of html. I have changed the settings, and hope to have solved this problem. Anyway, my problem is that when I try to add one of my source distribution Cds to apt sources, Apt terminates with the following: Found 0 package indexes and 4 source indexes. Reading source indexes. Done. W: 0 records were written. E: Handler silently failed. Why could I be experiencing this? I am running potato 2.2 with 2.2r5 packages and the 2.2r2 base system and 2.2.18pre21-idepci kernel. The reason for this is that I am a blind Linux user running Speakup, a TTS (Text to Speech) package. It was pre-compiled into the 2.2r2 distribution, but not r5. So I installed the base system from 2.2r2, and then proceeded to install the other packages such as Lynx, gcc, from the 2.2r5 binary distribution set. Could this have anything to do with the problem I am experiencing with adding source disks to apt's sources.list? I am relatively new to Debian, but not to Unix in general however. Any help on this would be apreciated. Thanks!