From: Rich Puhek [mailto:rpuhek@etnsystems.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 11:32 AM
To: Ron Johnson
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: strange vi

Ron Johnson wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Feb 2002 22:44:03 -0600 Rich Puhek <rpuhek@etnsystems.com>
wrote:

> > Ron Johnson wrote:
> > >
> > > Is is console or xterm?  What's the value of $TERM?
> > >
> > either console or SSH session. $TERM is vt100. Looked at my termcap,
> > which seems to match what I had before.
>
> try setting TERM to linux

That worked. Thanks.

Strange though, on my potato boxes, TERM=vt100, and the arrows work in
nvi. Oh well... I'm happy I can arrow around now. I can handle the
traditional vi keys alright, just mentally I tend to forget what mode
I'm in if I'm not switching between arrows and home row.

Thanks!

--Rich