Re: dhcp client

On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 06:00:25PM +0100, Raffaele Sandrini wrote:
> What must i do to get a host configurated automatically?
> Isn't it enough to place "iface eth0 inet dhcp" into the intefaces file and
> havind dhcp-client installed?
You must also have
auto eth0
if you want it to configure on boot.
Otherwise, try
ifup -n eth0
and make sure it's running dh-client

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.

use, duplication and distribution.