Re: strange vi

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 06:59:07PM -0800, justin cunningham wrote:
| Michel Loos wrote:
| | On Mon, Feb 18, 2002, justin cunningham wrote:

| | > dpkg -l | grep vi shows nvi 1.79-20.  the potato's show 1.79-16a.1.
| | >
| | > ok, so if I use the letter keys instead how to I get to the end
| | > of a line of data then press return to enter a new line without
| | > taking the last character with me?
| |
| | Like usual A
|
| Sigh... ok, you've made it clear it's time pick up that vi book behind
| me.

Yep :-).

Alternatively, you can simply press 'o' to "open" a new line below the
current line.  Then the cursor will be placed on the first column of
the new, blank, line.  The 'O' (note the case difference) command does
the same thing, except the blank line is "opened" above the current
line.

-D

--

The way of a fool seems right to him,