Re: clipboard frustrations

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 06:10:42PM -0500, Kurt Lieber wrote:
| I use KDE for my desktop, but prefer Mozilla for my web browser.  The
| incompatible clipboards have always been a huge source of frustration for me.
|
| Couple of questions:
|
| 1.  Is there any way short of "use the source, luke" to get the two
| clipboards to play nicely together?
|
| 2.  Does this same problem exist with GNOME?  I'd seriously conisder dumping
| KDE if GNOME has better clipboard integration.

What are you trying to copy?  In any X application, you should be able
to highlight text using the left button (click-n-drag) and copy with
the middle button (click).  This is an X thing and independent of the
desktop.

-D

--

He who scorns instruction will pay for it,
but he who respects a command is rewarded.