Re: ARUGENT HELP!!

On Monday 18 February 2002 06:39 am, Christian Schoenebeck wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 17. Februar 2002 00:51 schrieb ben:
> > > I think you also have to add 'table':
> > >
> > > other=/dev/hda1
> > >         label=Windows
> > >         table=/dev/hda
> >
> > no, you don't.
>
> Just an experience of mine. When I tried it without 'table' I just got a
> strange message like "Return to Windows..." or something and a nice system
> hang. After adding 'table' everything was fine again...

the return to windows message means that it booted into dos mode, most likely
because that was the last mode you were using when the system closed down.
the fact that you got that message shows that the windon't partition did, in
fact, boot. the system hang that came along with it is just another common
"feature" of that ms'ed up os.

ben