Re: ide-scsi

High,

On Mon, 18 Feb 2002, Raffaele Sandrini wrote:

> Hi
>
> How can i access ATAPI CD-ROMs loaded with ide-scsi? I heared that i have to
> use /dev/scd then. If i try that i get /dev/scd0 unknown Device message. The
> CD is perfect installed. I can burn CDs with cdrecord.
>
> BTW: If i load the normal cdrom module to access the cdrom and unload it after
> then i can't load it again with ide-scsi. How can i solve that?

AFAIK, you have to compile this module into the kernel. I have not gotten
it to work as module. So recompile your kernel and add a boot parameter
'hdx=scsi' with hdx your cdrom. Then it will be just a scsi device.

Another thing that could be a problem is if you loaded ide-cdrom as a
module too. If not, then it is compiled into the kernel and you could try
to turn this off with 'ignore=hdx', but I am not sure.

Greetz,
Sebastiaan