Re: duplicates [was Re: UNSUBSCRIBE]

On Monday 18 February 2002 01:24 am, Hans Ekbrand wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 17, 2002 at 11:14:46PM -0800, Eric G. Miller wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 01:04:49AM -0600, Alex Malinovich wrote:
> > > And it's
> > > pretty widely accepted that if someone replies to one of your posts,
> > > you will get duplicates in your mailbox. (The reply, and the copy of
> > > the reply on the list.)
> >
> > I dunno, most people hate getting duplicates.  I ditched sylpheed after
> > a couple of months largely because it doesn't have a list reply
> > feature like mutt.  I only CC people if they request it, otherwise I
> > treat mailing lists like usenet (read here, post here).
>
> Me too. I might be silly, but I almost get upset when I recieve an
> unrequested copy sent directly to me.

i agree with what you say here but i can't help noticing that you did cc to
eric on your post. in any case, given that duplicates are inherently
redundant, maybe something should be added to the list subscription
confirmation to point out that cc'ing a post's author shouldn't happen unless
specifically requested.

ben