Re: potato version of galeon?

Hi will!

On Sun, 17 Feb 2002, will trillich wrote:

> what's the potato-friendly way to get galeon installed?
> (basically same inquiry as before, but with a more pertinent
> subject line and a bit more elaboration on the details:)
>
> i've got potato(stable) set up including
>
> 	deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free
>
> (all one line) in my /etc/apt/sources.list but of course galeon
> ain't there... ("dpkg -S" and "apt-cache search" both come up
> empty when looking for "galeon".)
>
> i could download galeon rpm's, but goes against the debianistic grain.

to get galeon for potato i fear you have to get the mozilla and galeon
sources from unstable (or testing) and compile them for potato. you will
propably also need to compile some libraries which don't exist in potato
yourself or get newer version than those available in potato.

yours martin
--
<martin@wuertele.net> ------------------------------ NO HTML MAILS PLEASE
             PGP/GPG encrypted and signed messages preferred