A question about LCD flat panel displays

I'm contemplating purchasing an LCD flat panel disply for use on the new
Debain woody workstation I am building for my wife.

Having never used one of these before, and since they are failry expensive,
I thought I would ask some advice of this list.

We do a lot of work in console mode, in addition to some work in X. Will
I be able to use all of the framebuffer functiosn on this disply? I
presently use xawtv in the console mode, fbi to display graphics, and have
a custom resolutinon set up for the console sessiosn. Will all of these
work with the LCD flat panel?

I would also be interesetd in hearing peoples experiences, both positive,
and negative, regarding use of these uints with Linux.

Thanks, in avance.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin