RE: full mirror of a potato server?

> rsync can do this, though i would not reccomend mirroring
> /proc as its maintained by the kernel.
>
> i backup tons with rsync its pretty easy. though i don't do
> full mirrors, only specific dirs

rsync... great!

Just two more questions for now:

1) Why I am getting the following errors first time I run rsync
(afterwards they won't show up anymore!):

 blaaa:/home/me/rsync_test# rsync -r -e ssh
stillme@some.host.com:/home/me/testdir .
 stillme@some.host.com's password:
 rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (970545 bytes read so far)
 rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(140)
 rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (546 bytes read so far)
 rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(140)

2) rsync won't take the file access rights from the remote machine. It
changes all files to the user I'm running rsync with on the local
machine. How can I do a 1:1 sync?

Thanks a lot!