Re: maximum nuber of messages in mutt?

Brian Nelson <nelson@bignachos.com> wrote:

BN> More powerful mail readers (/me ducks) cache messages much more
BN> efficiently than mutt.

BN> Emacs gnus, for example, only fetches/displays unread messages unless
BN> you tell it otherwise, which makes it far faster to open and read
BN> folders.

You can also tell mutt to only list unread messages. I am
unsure whether it makes any difference in the speed of opening
the folders, though -- I don't have any mailboxes around large
enough to test with.

"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
 versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."