Re: floppy tape

I gave up on the 2.2 kernels - never got it working properly with them - played for days with it.

Good news is I have it working with 2.4.x (17 at least)
I scrapped the module and compiled it statically into the kernel and it works.

Otherwise - just a guess from your kernel but my old modules.conf says,

# Bleeding edge ftape driver from ftape-module
options ftape ft_fdc_driver=ftape-internal,none,none,none
options ftape-internal ft_fdc_base=0x3f0 ft_fdc_irq=6 ft_fdc_dma=2
pre-install ftape-internal /usr/bin/swapout 15

# ftape driver from 2.2 kernel (Comment previous three lines and uncomment the next one) # options ftape ft_fdc_rate_limit=1000 ft_fdc_threshold=16 ft_fdc_base=0x360 ft_fdc_irq=9 ft_fdc_dma=
3

So maybe it's the wrong ftape module you have?

/James

There is no www.ftape.org I guess you mean
http://www.instmath.rwth-aachen.de/~heine/ftape/

Of course I already read those docs, and the docs from the
ftape-doc package, which is almost the same, but it didn't help
to solve my problem. Perhaps you can give me a hint?