Re: Woody ISO

On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 02:57:59PM +0200, Johann Spies wrote:
| On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 10:34:15AM -0200, Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira wrote:
| >

| > 	And it cames in .raw format. I have some burners from Windows (Nero, FireBurner...).
| > 	Anyone knows how to burn a .raw cd format?
|
| Just change the .raw to .iso and burn it the Windows way.
|
| Johann
|
| --
| Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036
| Informasietegnologie, Universiteit van Stellenbosch
|
|      "The earth is the LORD'S, and the fullness thereof; the
|       world, and they that dwell therein."
|                                    Psalms 24:1

oh, good idea about the changing of .raw to .iso! i didn't know that.
i did the same thing - burned woody raw's at work on windoze... using
nero, i did something line "flie.... burn cd from image" then changed
the file type from .iso or whatever the default was to "all types" or
"all files" then browsed to the .raw... i followed an exampe from nero's
web site (ahead.com ??). the tricky part was nero asked about some sort
of data-block size... i think there was a checkbox for raw.... at one
point, nero said something like "this may be incorrect, continue
anyway?" saying yes there got me what i wanted - a bootable woody cd.
the time before that, i chose some sort of default settings, didn't get
the error, and wound up with an un-mountable cd!

hopefully that re-naming from .raw to .iso is much better!

good luck,
jason
| registered linux user #202942   |   http://counter.li.org/  |
| Debian GNU/Linux 3.0 Woody      |   2.4.16-k6               |
| jason@theigloo.dhs.org          |   http://theigloo.dhs.org |