Re: phpgroupware postgres

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 04:26:22PM -0600, Lance Hoffmeyer wrote:
> I want to start backing up my postgres database for phpgroupware but
> I am clueless as far as postgressql.
>
> Where is the database kept?

dpkg -L postgresql shows that postgresql creates /var/lib/postgres,
and the databases are stored in the 'data' directory under that.

> What extentions or names do I search for to find the databases?

Back up everything under /var/lib/postgres/data, and be sure to
preserve permissions and ownership when you do. You'll want to read
http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?backup.html before running a
backup -- and be sure to note the caveat about shutting the database
down if you're going to perform backups at the system level instead of
using the tools that Postgres provides.

yours,
Forrest

--
       . . . the self-reflecting image of a narcotized mind . . .
ozymandias G desiderata     ogd@aoaioxxysz.net     desperate, deathless