Re: max # of processes in debian testing

Hmm. That's great for shell scripts and interactive shells, but what
about, for example, the number of sendmail children on a box? My problem
is I have a machine that can handle more than 300 sendmail children at any
given time, but once it hits 300 I've got to unplug the network and wait
for those children to die before I can fork new processes, such as ps or
kill.

Would fixing this be as simple as sticking a ulimit command in my sendmail
init script or does sendmail fork off into it's own environment making
that useless?

I would try it right now but I only have those many sendmail processes a
few days out of the week. :)