Re: Locales and Java

On Monday 11 February 2002 22:34, Andreas von Heydwolff wrote:
> Woody, i386. I got the US American ViaVoice rpms running but haven't
> dictated since the advent of the EURO made me define in /etc/profile
>
> set LANG=de_AT@euro
> set LC_ALL=de_AT@euro
> export LC_ALL LANG LANGUAGE
>
> Can this be the reason for the error messages appended below that now
> show up when I start the program?

It is exactly the reason for your problem, but it's strange that viavoice
does not simply use the default language as fallback, the way it actually
should. I'm even tempted to say that this is  bug in viavoice, although there
might be something else that is broken, of course.
As a workaround you could try to find out where viavoice stores it's
resource files and copy for example the file viavoice_de.properties to
viavoice_at.properties;
these files might be in a jar file though which of course further complicates
the whole matter...
If you do not need to have this locale set when running viavoice then it
might be simpler to make a small wrapper script that exports or unsets the
locale variables and then starts viavoice.
cheers,
Yven

--

Yven J. Leist - leist@beldesign.de