cdrecord, 4416, tekram, recorded cds unreadable

Hello,

I'm using cdrecord 1.10 on a DEC Alpha LX164 with a Tekram 53c875 based
SCSI card driving a Yamaha 4416 CD burner.

I have been burning many cd-r's recently (Memorex 80 minute 16x
Phthalocyanine), and have mounted the cd's after recording to see if
they mounted correctly, and also compared /dev/cdrom's md5sum to the
image file. So at that instance the cd's were readable.

Several days later, when I wanted to mount the cd's again, I get the following
messages:-
marsupilami:# mount /dev/cdrom /cdrom/
mount: error while guessing filesystem type
mount: you must specify the filesystem type
marsupilami:# dd if=/dev/cdrom|hexdump
0+0 records in
0+0 records out
marsupilami:# mount /dev/cdrom /cdrom/ -t iso9660
mount: block device /dev/cdrom is write-protected, mounting read-only
I/O error: dev 0b:00, sector 64
isofs_read_super: bread failed, dev=0b:00, iso_blknum=16, block=16
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/cdrom,
or too many mounted file systems
(could this be the IDE device where you in fact use
ide-scsi so that sr0 or sda or so is needed?)

The cds have been stored in their cases and not handled in the meantime.
This problem happens on the 2.4.16 and 2.4.17 kernels I have installed on my
'unstable' system.

In fact, this looks like bug 105291, which was reported in May. I don't know
if it's the kernel's or cdrecord's fault.

Has anyone else had this problem and come up with a fix, or does anyone
know if and how data can be recovered from this situation? The data
on the CDs were backups of my audio cds, so I didn't lose anything (yet).

Thanks for any help,
Michael.
--
"I'm not just a server, but I'm also a client."		Debian GNU/Linux
Michael Stroucken	stroucki@debian.org	 Is your penguin 64 bit?