(LPRng) How to make print job from other machines pass the filter?

I have a Debian linux box with a HP LJ 1100 connected
to the parallel port. From local machine print works
fine.

Now I want to send print job from a Mac OS X iBook to
the Linux box. It turns out that the lpd pass the
spool file (generic postscript) directly to the
printer.   How do I configure lprng to make it pass
the filter first?

I am using LPRng 3.8.2.  Following are my printcap:

# This file was generated by
/usr/sbin/magicfilterconfig.
#

laser|lp|HP LJ 1100:
        :lp=/dev/lp0:sd=/var/spool/lpd/laser:
        :sh:pw#80:pl#66:px#1440:mx#0:
        :if=/etc/magicfilter/ljet4-filter:
        :af=/var/log/lp-acct:lf=/var/log/lp-errs:

I tried adding
":filter=/det/magicfilter/ljet4-filter:", it did not
help.

Thanks for your help.

Dong