Re: Perl and CPAN

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 05:34:34PM -0600, Nathan E Norman wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 06:00:20PM -0500, stan wrote:

> > So where does one find this wonderful tool?
>
> Not exactly [1]

>   dh-make-perl will create the files required to build
>   a debian source package out of a perl package.
>   This works for most simple packages and is also useful
>   for getting started with packaging perl modules.
>   Given a perl package name, it can also automatically download it from CPAN.

OK, so if I wnat to install the latest version of perl, and various lates
versions of CPAN modules, and keep all of this compliant with the Debain Way Of
Doing things, how do I acomplish this?

For instance, at the oment inorder to properly unilize Debug::Leak, I
need a perl compiled with -DDEBUG.

If I compile the latest version and put it in, say /usr/local, then I
have problems with the paths to nodules.

Whats the best way to do this?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin