Getting mgetty-fax without the X business

Dear all - I would like to install mgetty-fax on my Potato server. This
does not run X, and it never will, so I would rather save space and
cpu-cycles and not install any x related things.
However, is I do:

  apt-get install mgetty-fax -s

I get a horrible bunch of x stuff rated as dependencies ready to get
installed. This seems to be due (traced back with apt-cache showpkg) to
a dependency on mgetty-viewfax which depends on xlib6g in order so
provide some fax-viewer for x. That I do not need.

Now I have seen an option for dpkg; --ignore-depands that seems to allow
for what I need. Question is this:

Am I right in assuming that:

  dpkg -i --ignore-depends=mgetty-viewfax mgetty-fax

will install both mgetty-fax and mgetty-viewfax but ignore the (x)
dependencies introduced by mgetty-viewfax?
And also:

  dpkg -i --ignore-depends=mgetty-fax mgetty-fax

will install only mgetty-fax and ignore all dependencies?

Further, will that dependency check be turned off in all future upgrades
and dist-upgrades, or do I have to maintain this forever?

Thanks a lot for an thoughts!

--
  Erik van der Meulen <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.nl>