Re: EMail servers fail when domain.com is a cname alias not an IP

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 10:35:22PM -0600, hanasaki wrote:
| Why is it that when the default for a domain.   For example, in my case,
| hanaden.com maps to a cname, MTA's fail

I believe that part of an RFC states that MX records can only point to
IP addresses or A records but not to CNAME records.  I don't have any
references handy, but google should find it for you.

-D

--

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our
sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.