Re: Promise Ultra100 TX2 IDE Controller card Support

* Maurice Helwig (moritz@spin.net.au) wrote:
> I am new to linux and I have decided to use Debian. My problem is that I am using a Promise Ultra100 TX2 IDE controller card. Promise do not seem to provide a driver for it although I was told that they do when I bought the card.
> My Question is ---
>
> Does the latest version of Debian support the Promise Ultra100 TX2 IDE controller card and where do I get the appropiate driver for it.
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Maurice Helwig
> moritz@spin.net.au
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  It works beautifully on two machines that I have Debian GNU/Linux on.
Running kernel 2.4.1x series, of course. You just have to enable

CONFIG_BLK_DEV_PDC202XX=y (from .config)
which reads as enable PROMISE 20...... in 'make xconfig'

besides your usual IDE stuff under block devices.

Alex.

Oleksandr Moskalenko <malex@purdue.edu>
pub  1024D/6C5F196B 2001-08-17 /* http://www.tagancha.org/pgp */
Oleksandr V. Moskalenko (Alex) <malex@tagancha.org>
Fingerprint = EE63 C471 ADBA 5D80 ADFB  1054 DA28 6F32 6C5F 196B