From: Gary Turner [mailto:kk5st@swbell.net]
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 11:20 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: W32/Myparty

On Fri, 01 Feb 2002 09:18:44 +0100, Chris Mueller wrote:

>At 00:11 -0500 01.02.2002, Jeremy L. Gaddis wrote:
>>Are you saying that when I decide to read the debian-* lists
>>I'm subscribed to, I should close Outlook,
>
>For your own advantage
>you should close Outlook - for ever.
>And switch to Eudora.
>Under Win oder Mac.
>
>Since Eudora is a separate programm
>and not so closely connected to the WinOS,
>viruses can' get active that easily,
>e.g. vbs-attachments.

May  I suggest Forte' Agent for mail on a Win box?  It is text based,
will let you inspect attachments/html in raw form, and will warn and
query you should you try to open an executable.  I've been using it for
2 years now and if there is a reason not to, I haven't run into it.  You
can download a free version called Free Agent.  I think the news reader
is crippled on the free version.  I don't know if it runs ads.

My mail will have to come through a Win machine for a while yet, so
Agent is my protection against hostile email.  I tried Eudora, but, for
some reason I can't recall, it didn't thrill me.
Yes I fear I am living beyond my mental means--Nash