A mutt question

I've just converted over from elm to mutt, and mostly I love it. Espically
the threading features.

However, there is one thing which continues to annoy me, and I'm hoping
someone here can tell me how to fix it.

After I finish composing a message, I'm dropped back to a menu, where among
other things I can edit the headers. At this point in elm the default
action (the one taken if I just hit [return], is to send the message. Not
so in mutt. There I am dropped back into the editor to re edit the message.

As configurable as mutt is, surely I can fix this, right>

How do I fix this?

Thanks
neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin