Re: How to enable EXT3 FS on 2.4

#include <hallo.h>
Herbert Xu wrote on Mon Feb 04, 2002 um 10:17:29PM:

> > fsck 1.25 (20-Sep-2001)
> > fsck.ext3,ext2  ... complain something like command does not exist.

You can use "auto" (Bzzt: Herbert Xu dropped support for auto and will
probably try to make everyone believe that you do not use this, you
don't need this and it is generaly a-bad-idea though ext2/ext3 developer
recommend to do so and thoug I provided a patch to detect the filesystem).

> You can't put comma separated lists of types in fstab.

You can, but you should not.

> > This is not in dmesg but just on console screen.

It is commint from fsck which tryies to run fsck.ext3,ext2. You could
make a symlink, but it is ugly, ugly, ugly.

> > 2. dmesg contain "cramfs: wrong magic"
>
> That's a harmless warning and will go away once mkinitrd starts using
> pivot_root.

Btw, if you don't have cramfs in the kernel, and forgot to remove the
initrd line from the boot-loaders config, the kernel will break on
mounting initrd and stop with a "cannot mount root" message. Something
you should probably mention explicitely in the mkinitrd docs.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Eingedeutschte Fehlermeldungen sind doch etwas
schoenes: "Kein Weltraum links auf dem Geraet"