Re: mutt setup help, please

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 08:34:38AM -0500, Stan Brown wrote:
| I'm migrating from an HP-UX workstation, as my primary machine to a woddy
| box. I'm also migrating from elm to mutt for my MUA.
|
| I use fetchmail to retrieve my mail, which then hands it to procmail, which
| in turn filters the mail useing the SpamBouncer (tm) recipies. Under this
| system mail from mailing lists gets stored in ~/mail/list_allias. Using elm
| on the HP, when I hit c (fro change folder) I can enter a "=" and see a
| directory of the ~/mail directory. I can then move around and select the
| desried mailbox file.
|
| How can I configure mutt to do something similar?

First, the default is ~/Mail (note the caps).  You can change this
with

set folder ="~/mail" # the default location of mailboxes

When you hit 'c' you'll be taken to a listing of the files/directories
in '~/mail'.  If you hit <Tab> then you'll be taken to a listing of
all folders marked as incoming mailboxes.  I file all list mail into
folders in ~/Mail/lists so this works great for my config :

mailboxes "!"
mailboxes "=1Inbox" "=2Default" "=system" "=debian_BTS"
mailboxes "=lists/1announcements"
mailboxes `echo $HOME/Mail/lists/[a-z]*`

HTH,
-D

--

He who finds a wife finds what is good